Lead Developer (C# and WinForms)
Job Code: RBIN-1605
RedBlack Software is a leading provider of investment management software in the United States. The RedBlack rebalancing and trading platform automates the entire investment management lifecycle, from portfolio monitoring, pre-trade compliance and tax-aware rebalancing, to trading, order management, and post-trade compliance.
|Experience:||Minimum of 6 years|
Built from the ground up to manage large and complex portfolios with multiple accounts and asset classes, RedBlack enables firms to implement their specific investment management approach and then manage it efficiently, accurately, and reliably. RedBlack’s clients include registered investment advisors, family offices, pension funds, wealth advisors, institutions and investment banks, representing more than $200 billion in assets under management.
You will lead the development team responsible for our client-server product. You’ll need lots of initiative, as well as experience in designing high quality, high performance software. We are looking for technical lead expertise, but you still love to code. As a lead developer, you will do technical design, and implement the most challenging features yourself. As a technical lead, you will run the daily sprint meetings, work with the product owner, do code reviews, and mentor and guide your team members.
At RedBlack, you get to own what you’re working on, end-to-end. If you have a bright idea, we’ll act on it. Chances are you’ll be the person charged with making it happen – good for us, great for you.
- At least 6 years’ experience with C#, .NET and WinForms and 2 years’ experience as a lead.
- Lead level expertise but want to stay “hands on”, coding the most challenging parts yourself.
- You take full ownership of whatever you are building and see it through to completion.
- You’re passionate about your work and you have a can-do attitude.
- You love working in a flat team structure with fewer formal processes.
- You know how to put across your ideas, both verbal and in writing.
- You are excited about learning a domain in-depth and then applying that knowledge to build the best possible product.
- You take pride in high quality code. You are always looking for the opportunity to improve the existing code base, and you develop for performance and with the customer in mind.
- Experience with DevExpress components and the investment domain are a plus, but if you don’t have that, you are confident that you can pick it up.
At RedBlack, we realize that developers are the most important people in our company. Their productivity is key. That is why all our developers have systems with large dual monitors, lots of memory, a high end video card and an SSD drive.
RedBlack offers a great team environment, a very competitive compensation package, flexible working hours, and an excellent work-life balance.